Stay safe! Read our Ocean Safety tips before venturing near the ocean.
Charter boats are available out of Noyo Harbor for crab, ocean salmon, rockfish and tuna. The same guys will take you out during the whale migration for a closer look at the 20,000 California Grey Whales that pass by here (twice!) each winter.
- All Aboard Adventures: Captain Tim provides us with a whale report during the season. 707-964-1881
- Adventures Unlimited: 707-964-3316
- Fort Bragg Sportfishing: 707-961-9292
- Lady Irma II: 707-964-3854
- Noyo Fishing Center (Rumblefish and Tigerfish): 707-964-3000
- Telstar Charters: 707-964-8770
Russian Gulch State Park
- Headlands and Blowhole Area (Turn west just south of Milepost 53)
River salmon fishing is banned, and trout and steelhead fishing is limited to one. You may fish for crab and perch in local rivers.
Fishing spots: Lake Cleone in MacKerricher State Park.
Abalone divers need a valid California fishing license and punch card ($50), which can be purchased at Longs, Rite Aid or Coast Hardware. Abalone regulations are inside the fishing regulation book. Equipment can be rented at Sub-Surface Progression. Scuba gear is prohibited. Only red abalone may be harvested, 7-in or larger in size, limited to three abalone per day and 24 per calendar year. Season is April through November – excluding July.
- Caspar Headlands State Reserve (Contact California State Parks 707-937-5804)
- Russian Gulch Beach (Turn west just south of Milespost 53)
- Jack Peters Gulch (Turn west at Milepost 52)
- Jack Peters Creek Bridge (Milepost 51.54)
- Mendocino Headlands State Park (Heeser Drive, Mendocino)
- Brewery Gulch (South of Milepost 490.5)
- Chapman Point (Opposite Gordon Lane, Milepost 49)
- Van Damme State Park (Milepost 48.03)
Ocean Wave Information