There are many events (natural and man-made) that occur each year on the Mendocino Coast. Here’s a list of those events by season.
Spring : wildflowers bring an explosion of color!
- Whale Watching (December through April)
- Mendocino Coast Whale Festivals (March) 707-961-6300
- Native rhododendrons bloom everywhere (April)
- Harbor seal pupping season at MacKerricher State Park (April, May) 707-964-8898
- Mendocino Film Festival (May) 707-937-0171
- Rhododendron & Azalea Garden Tour (May)
- Gloriana Musical Theatre Young Performers Musical (May)
Summer : the time to get outdoors!
- Mendocino Fourth of July Parade (July) 707-961-6300
- World’s Largest Salmon BBQ (July) 707-962-0548
- Fort Bragg Fourth of July Fireworks (July) 707-961-6300
- Mendocino Music Festival (July) 707-937-2044
- August: peak for begonias, fuchsias, and dahlias.
- Gloriana Musical Theatre Summer Musical (August – September)
- Local blackberries (August – September)
- Art in the Gardens (August) 707-964-4352
- Paul Bunyan Days (September) 707-964-8687
- Winesong! (September) 707-961-4688
Fall : Indian Summer makes it a beautiful time to visit.
- Annual Abalone Cook-off, Van Damme State Park (October) 707-937-4700
- Thanksgiving Fair at Mendocino Art Center (November) 707-937-5818
Winter : Stormwatching and whales!
- Whale Watching (December – March) 707-961-6300
- Stormwatching (watch 25-foot waves!) (December – February)