MendocinoFun.Com has its favorites — those we like personally.
To be honest, there are restaurants my wife, Gerry, and I have never liked, but are always popular with tourists. As an innkeeper, she tried to guide people away from certain places she didn’t think were up to snuff. My MendocinoFun.com partners Dennis and Nancy Freeze owned the Agate Cove Inn in Mendocino for more than six years and have similar likes and dislikes. When you live in a small community and have a relatively limited number of places for dining out, you pretty quickly pick favorites and avoid places you think are overpriced or are just plain inconsistent.
- Breakfast – just help me kickstart my heart (to die for)
- Pizza – give me a filling taste treat that’s easy on the pocketbook
- Fish and Chips – guess we better give some choices since we are on the ocean
- Bar Food – I want atmosphere, local color and a good drink
- Vegetarian / Vegan – nearly every place offers some vegetarian choices, but these are the real deal
- 5-Star Food – Zagat and tourist favorites worth a look
If you want a comprehensive restaurant list, please visit the Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce website.